Wednesday, September 11, 2013

NICE DAY FOR A DRIVE

After all the rain we had in Washington, I've been looking forward to some nice warm, sunny days. Therefore, I'm not going to complain about how hot it is here in Oregon.  Thankfully, our coach air conditioning keeps us nice and cool.  But it really is too hot to sit in the sun.  

We took a drive and enjoyed learning more about the navigation, communication and entertainment systems in our Equinox.  This is the first time I got behind the wheel and I really like how it handles. The car has a lot of safety features and one of them was an eye opener for me.  I must weave when I'm driving because it kept beeping whenever I got near the middle line.  It was actually rather funny. I found the longer I drove, the better I got at not setting the beep off.

We were able to pair both phones to the hands-free blue tooth, it uploaded all our contacts and music. We played music on the XM radio and from our phone.  We set up the navigation system to a split screen which included the speed limit, time, temperature, next turn and the name of the song and artist we're listening to.  It makes you wonder how we managed to drive without all these devices.

We looked for a geocache but didn't find it.  We must be rusty from lack of practice.  We set our destination to a park hoping to find a lake or pond but we didn't find that either.  Well, it was a nice cool ride on a hot day.  

We didn't hear from the RV service guy today (communication doesn't seem to be one of their strengths) and we plan on paying him a visit in the morning.  We're thinking of taking the coach to the shore and they can call us when they're ready for us. We'll see what happens tomorrow morning.

That's all folks!  Thanks for stopping in.




4 comments:

  1. I think it's amazing that you guys have got all that stuff figured out on the car. It would probably take me a year. The shore sounds like a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make this stuff very user friendly and I'm sure you'd figure it all out in less than a year LOL.

      Delete
  2. Thats the way to go, come back when they are ready for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from my friends and fellow bloggers. Anonymous comments will be reported as spam and will not be published.