We said our goodbyes to the VanStratens this morning as they headed home to Devon. We drove about 250 miles to a RV friendly Walmart in Grande Prairie. On the way out of Jasper Park we saw a large bull elk with a full rack and got some great pictures.
| Isn't he beautiful? |
| Mama bear and her cub |
| Nice horns on this bighorn sheep |
Denis bought an oil and filter at Walmart and complained that he spent at least $14 more than he would have in the states. Anyways, he did an oil change and grease job in the parking lot while I did some shopping for a few staples.
Walmart has a McDonald's with free wi-fi and that gave us a chance to answer emails and clean out the junk. I ordered a mango-orange smoothie with fries and found a nice quiet corner to spend some time with my computer. Ahhh, the simple pleasures of life!
My brother Ken and Kathleen are in Hawaii for ten days of rest and relaxation. They are having a wonderful time paddle boarding, snorkeling, eating and drinking. I think he'll be happy to hear that dad has agreed to rent the house to my Aunt Donna and they are very excited about the move. Dad is doing well at the Soldier's Home and I'm hoping I don't get any "crisis" calls while Ken is away.
That's all folks! Thanks for stopping in.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from my friends and fellow bloggers. Anonymous comments will be reported as spam and will not be published.