Thursday, November 28, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

We have so much to be thankful for and appreciate the lifestyle we've chosen.  Hope all of you had a wonderful day with family and friends. We had a nice day of reading in the sun this morning and enjoying dinner with fellow RVers.

Turkey chilling in the sink
Yesterday morning the campground began the process of  lighting the charcoals in a 50 gallon in-ground drum.  At 9:00 that night they dropped in seven turkeys wrapped in foil and burlap, put a steel cover over the drum and shovelled about two feet of dirt on top.  The turkeys slow cooked all night and in the morning they removed the dirt and pulled out those babies.

Even Denis got into the action

Pulling out a cooked turnkey

More turkeys to be removed

Turkeys ready for transport to the clubhouse
About 50 people came to dinner at the clubhouse.  What a wonderful dinner with all the fixings and those turkeys were moist and tender.

Everyone got a round of applause for their hard work

Doesn't that look great?  Stuffing, sweet and mashed potatoes, brusselsprouts with asparagus and bacon, corn, cranberry sauce, turkey, gravy, rolls, baked apples and assorted pies for dessert - Just $11 pp
Okay, it's been a week since my Super Cut scalping and I've posted a photo.  My mom-in-law saw my haircut and said, and I quote, "Oh my God, what happened to your hair, I hate it, you look like a boy".  Now that's a confidence booster, huh?  I love you Jeannine!

That's all folks!  Thanks for stopping in.

8 comments:

  1. I don't think your hair is all that bad. The bangs are too short but the rest of it is really cute. Give it another couple of weeks and it should be perfect. We had a 100 folks for dinner at our clubhouse and it was great food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bangs are so short that they no longer exist. I think a month from now I'll like the haircut.

      Delete
  2. LOVE your turkey chillin' in the sink! What a hoot!!

    I think your hair looks really cute!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone posted the turkey pic on FB and I thought it was funny. Thanks for being kind about my haircut.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving day.
    I do think you hairstyle looks real good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a good thanksgiving. Loved those terra-cooked turkeys! Looking forward to seeing you in PS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from my friends and fellow bloggers. Anonymous comments will be reported as spam and will not be published.