Mid-morning we had a short visit with George and Suzie Yates, yeah, you know the Weber Man. It was wonderful seeing them and we made plans to meet for happy hour later in the day.
With temps reaching 59 degrees at 1:30 in the afternoon, I'm a happy camper. Denis had errands to run and I wanted to do my meditation and exercise while he was gone. I had time to go through my exterior food storage bins, take an inventory of items getting low and bring some stuff inside, which led to doing some more re-organizing of the cupboards. It's been a process putting stuff where it needs to be and I think I'm finally done.
Denis had the Mexicans come to clean and polish the chrome wheels and wash and wax the roof today for a grand total of $150. The wheels look brand new.
We went to visit George and Suzie for happy hour and caught up on the latest pearls of wisdom from George a.k.a. Yoda. While we were there, we were getting awfully hungry because he had a turkey breast in the Weber which smelled awesome.
Thankfully, I was simmering a cabbage skillet casserole which smelled great and tasted even better when we got back. What a nice day.
![]() |
| Enjoying the afternoon sunshine with George & Suzie |
![]() |
| Lovely sunset |
![]() |
| View from the campground - these people are boondocking in the desert |
Thanks for stopping in.



It was so great to finally catch up with you guys again. Love your new coach!
ReplyDeleteHello from the Pauze's! Leaving tomorrow for San Carlos, MExico and hopefully warmer climate! We were in Pilot Knob a month ago and the Park was three quarter empty! How is it now?
ReplyDeleteEnjoying reading your blog! Claude and Val
Still lots of open sites here at Pilot Knob. You'll have to tell us about San Carlos, we've never been there. Have fun and find the warmer temps.
Delete